Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Master Blaster World Record of 200 runs in an ODI...


This 200 is for all Indians who supported me from last 20 years: Sachin

GWALIOR: Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar dedicated his history-making unbeaten knock of 200 to the people of India. In the post-match ceremony, Tendulkar said that throughout his 20-year career, he got amazing support from his fans and the people of India. "I dedicate this ton to the people of India. I thank those who supported me and this is indeed a special moment," he said.


Tendulkar also expressed satisfaction that his body lasted 50 overs in the match that was a do-or-die game for the visiting South African team here at the Roop Singh stadium on Wednesday. "In my heart, I always feel what I am doing should be good for the team. I am always motivated to do right things for the team. Today, I was striking the ball well and I felt happy about it," he said.


On being asked when he actually felt that he could topple all the records and even become the first man to reach such a huge milestone, Tendulkar said: "I was batting on 175 in the 42nd over and that time it crossed my mind that there was a chance. When I really reached close to it, I started rotating the strike because MS (Dhoni) was striking the ball really well. It feels good that I lasted 50 overs in the middle."


Like always, Tendulkar also praised the rest of his teammates, who partnered with him in the match. "Yusuf (Pathan), Dinesh (Karthik) and MS played crucial knocks and that helped us reach such a huge score. Earlier, a target of 340 to 350 was there in my mind, but the way Yusuf and MS started hitting the ball, it changed the momentum completely," Tendulkar said.


South African skipper Jacques Kallis also hailed Tendulkar for using the home conditions well, while Dhoni said: "He carried his innings through and later on in the innings, used the pace of the ball very well." The Gwalior cricket officials decided to dedicate a stand in the stadium in the name of Tendulkar and also gifted him a silver bat along with a cheque for Rs 10 lakh to honour his stupendous achievement.


MILESTONE MAN


* The only Indian to have played for over 20 years - between December 18, 1989 and February 24, 2010 - 20 years and 68 days to be precise.


* Holds a world record for the highest run-aggregate - 17,598 at an average of 45.12. * Holds a world record for most hundreds (46).


* Only one to register four hundreds against South Africa. * Only one to register nine hundreds against Australia.


* Only one to post eight hundreds against Sri Lanka.


* With 1859 (ave.35.07) in 54 ODIs, holds a record for the highest run-aggregate against South Africa.


* His aggregate of 2965 (ave.45.61) in 78 ODIs is a record by any batsman against Sri Lanka. * Only player to aggregate 3,000 runs against Australia - 3005 (ave.46.23) in 67 matches.

No comments: